Scope and Contents
The Collection currently consists mainly the University Calendar (formerly as Prospectus) created since 1972.
- Lingnan University (Hong Kong, China) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Predominantly in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The records in this collection is for permanant retention and restricted for open access. Alternate access, through physical or electronic mean, if any, for any pubications or issues would be indicated at appropriate series, subseries or file level.
Access to administrative records would only be granted with prior approval granted by the Head of Department or his/her delegates.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to reproduce or publish material from this collection should be directed to Lingnan University Archives. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
Biographical / Historical
Registry is one of the administrative offices in Lingnan University, which is responsible for the planning and implementation of all aspects of the University policies concerning student admissions (of both local and non-local students), registration, records, assessments, and administration of study programmes. It also provides administrative and secretarial support to the Senate, its standing committees and other boards/groups, and assists the University in the advancement of academic excellence. The Registry consists of 4 main teams:
1. Academic Development and Examinations Team: Provide administrative support for the planning and implementation of the 3+3+4 academic reform, and administrative support for student assessment matters
2. Academic Programmes and Postgraduate Studies Team: Responsible for academic quality assurance, academic policy, programme validation, programme review and institutional review/Quality Assurance Council audit matters. Also responsible for MPhil and PhD student admissions and administrative work relating to their study progress
3. Admissions Office: Support for the internationalisation of student body initiative (degree-seeking students), and provide administrative support to facilitate the admissions of local and non-local (overseas and from the Mainland) undergraduate students
4. Registration and Records Team: Responsible for class Scheduling, student registration and course enrolments records, including summer term courses, and the compilation of related statistics
1 Linear Feet
Arranged in sub-group: Publications
- 2015 March
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note